The Defence Headquarters has assured residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and adjoining states that the military and other security agencies had been on red alert to ensure their safety.
The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche gave the assurance in a statement on Sunday in Abuja.
The statement said the assurance came sequel to a purported memorandum from the Nigeria Customs Service warning its staff on a possible attack on the FCT.
READ ALSO: Thugs Invade Ondo House Of Assembly
Enenche said the armed forces had intensified effective surveillance of the FCT and other states to checkmate activities of the criminals.
“The Armed Forces in conjunction with other security and response agencies particularly the core intelligence agencies hereby assure the public that preventive and preemptive intelligence is ongoing.
“The general public is thus advised to go about their lawful businesses undeterred.
“Furthermore, the Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies wish to assure the general public that the offensives against the common enemies of this Nation will not cease until normalcy is restored in all parts of the country.