Borno state Governor,Babagana Umara Zulum on Thursday, moved from Bama to Konduga to continue humanitarian and social protection interventions to residents denied means of livelihood by Boko Haram.

Zulum who was in Bama since Tuesday had distributed trucks of food and over N200m to at least 70,000 families, and volunteers fighting Boko Haram and their bereaved families.

Continuing in Konduga town, headquarters of Konduga local government area, Zulum supervised the disbursement of N185m to 26,000 displaced persons, small and medium size business owners and groups of volunteers supporting the military’s fight against insurgents.

From the N185m, the Governor supervised the disbursement of N80m and food varieties to 26,000 displaced households located in three centers: two in Konduga town and one in Mandrari.

According to Zulum’s spokesperson Isa Gusau,the N80m was shared to 16,000 female heads of households, each of whom received food, a wrapper and a token of N5,000.

10,000 male heads of households each received a bag of rice, a bag of maize grill and a carton of spaghetti.

Zulum announced upcoming agricultural initiative to restore farming activities so people could eventually fend for themselves.

The Governor also distributed N100 million to small and medium sized business holders to stimulate local businesses in Konduga.

70 percent of the beneficiaries were selected in Konduga town and the remaining 30 percent beneficiaries were drawn from Auno, Dalori and Kawuri towns, all in Konduga LGA.

Zulum however warned the traders to ensure they invest the money in their businesses.

Governor Zulum also distributed N5.2m to a combined number of 523 members of the Civilian JTF, hunters and vigilantes, to boost their morales for helping in the fight against Boko Haram.

Each of them received N10,000, amounting to N5,233,000, accompanied by two bags of rice, two bags of maize grill and two packets of spaghetti for each of the 523 fighters.

Zulum also directed each of the volunteer groups to submit a list of their broken down patrol vehicles for immediate repairs, in addition to getting new ones where necessary.

The Governor concluded the event with a call for prayers towards return of peace especially taking advantage of spiritual atmosphere at upcoming ramadan.